Supporting the Norwood Cycle Club
The Club is self financing and all the Norwood Cycle Club team are volunteers. We no longer ask for the annual registration membership fee of £20. if you like riding with us we ask that you make a donation to our tandem team giving page . Details to follow shortly .
Your safety is our priority. Keeping to the Club rules is essential and failure to adhere to the rules and to the advice of the cycle team and marshals will result in a rider being asked not to ride with the club.
- All riders must sign a disclaimer if they are not already a member.
- Wearing a cycling helmet when riding with the club is mandatory.
- All riders must carry a spare inner tube and sufficient water.
- At all times abide by the high way code.
- MUST ride single file on busy roads.
- On quieter lanes, no more than two riders abreast. When there is a car approaching riders must revert to riding single file till the road is clear
- The use of mobile phones while riding is not allowed.
- The use of MP3 players is not advised. Riders need to be able to hear the traffic and cyclists around them at all times.
- Bikes must be deemed to be road worthy. This means working brakes, gears, maintained tyres inflated correctly and be the right size bike for the rider. If we find that your bike is not road safe you will be asked not to ride with us till the bike has been rectified.
- Sensible fitness: all riders need to be able to ride for at least 3 hours in the saddle and be able to cover 30 miles. if you have not ridden for 6 months or more this ride is not for you. If we feel that you are not fit enough to keep up with the main group of riders you will be asked to return to the car park.
- Riding in groups: the large rides are split into different groups depending on speed. The team has the right to advise a rider if they are in the wrong group.